From the wholesaler module you have the option to create sales orders. A sales order has two steps:
- Either from the sample book, showroom, or via mail or via B2B Ecommerce, you will enter all the products that the customer wants (if they come via B2B ecommerce it is the customer himself who will carry out this process). At this point, you have the possibility of printing the sales order, the possibility of printing a catalog with images of the order and more information, the possibility of exporting an excel of the order and the possibility of exporting the images.
- Once you are able to start sending stock (either immediately or after a period of time), you will be able to register and send one or more delivery notes with this stock.
Requirements to be able to place a sales order
- It is important to have customers created in the CONTACTS module.
- It is essential that you have the products created correctly in the system. You can see how to create a store in the section how to create a product.
- To have created the warehouse from which the sale will be made.
- Have created the price list that you want to apply to the products in the sale.
Steps to create and place sales orders
- Go to the side menu and click on the SALES button in the WHOLESALER section.
- You will see the list of sales orders, click on the top right of the screen NEW SALE.
- Once inside the new purchase screen, you must fill in the following fields:
- Contact: The customer to whom you assign the wholesale sale. If you click the "+👤" icon, you can directly create a new contact from this window.
Sale Rate: The pricing rate that will be applied to the sale.
Stock Warehouse: The warehouse from which the stock will be sourced.
Sale Warehouse: In case the previous point is negative, you will select the warehouse, showroom, or showroom from which the sales representatives have made the sale.
Sales Agent: The agent conducting the sale.
Period/Season: The time period in which you are making the sale. This will be useful when analyzing data. For example, it could be Spring/Summer for fashion, Black Friday 2021 for electronics, and Q1 2021 for the first quarter of 2021 in other sectors.
Presale Collection: Select the presale collection if you want to filter by that criterion.
Sale Serial Number: Identifying number of the sale, pre-filled but customizable from the DEFAULT SERIAL NUMBER SETTINGS section.
Delivery Note Serial Numbers: Identifying numbers for the sales delivery notes, pre-filled but customizable as in the previous case. They will be generated as you send the sales delivery notes.
Shipping Start Date: Expected date where you commit to the customer that you will start shipping the order.
Cancellation Date: Date from which the customer is no longer interested in receiving the order.
Recommended Retail Sale Rate: Recommended retail sale price rate, will be displayed when printing the catalog as extra information.
Language: Customer's preferred language for printing the order and catalogs.
Notes: Purchase notes, in case you want to save extra information that will be useful at some point.
Tags: Tags that you want to associate with the purchase to facilitate future search.
- Once you have filled in the fields (at least the customer, warehouse of origin and price list) click on the SAVE button.
- You will have changed tabs and now it's time to start putting the products you want to sell, you have 4 options:
- Scan the barcode of any product.
- Search in the search bar for the product code.
- Click on the magnifying glass, select multiple products at once and use filters to go faster.
- Once you enter the items you want to sell, a matrix will be created with all the variants (sizes, sizes, colors, tastes, etc.), with a small box for each one, where you will have to enter the quantity to sell for each one.
- You will notice that next to the search options, there is the option VIEW PRICES. This option allows you to view the price of each of the variants. You have the option to edit the price for each one, so if you negotiate prices with the client, you can edit them from here.
- You will also find below the sizes of each product variant the stock you currently have, to facilitate the sales order.
- You will notice that as you have been entering the quantities you will be shown the cost of the sale in real time, both at the product level and at the bottom of the page the total. This price does not include taxes or discounts.
- Once all the products have been entered, click on the CONFIRM button so that the order remains in a status pending preparation.
- In order to provide the order data to the customer, click on the top right menu, with three vertical dots, and you will be able to see the following options:
- Create labels: in case the customer needs you to send him the labels, this option will pass all the products to the label creation section so you can print them. For more information on how to create labels you can see the section on how to create labels.
- Edit order: With this option, you will have the possibility to edit the order already confirmed in order to make corrections.
- Update products: in case you make changes in one of the products you have already entered, these will not be reflected in the current purchase for security reasons, a change in a product should never modify old purchases or sales. In case you really need to update the product of this sale, you can delete the product and add it again, or click on this option to update products to update all of them.
- Create a proforma invoice: in case you want the customer to sign a proforma invoice, this option will create the proforma invoice. Here you will find all the information about your products and their variants, including the SKU.
- Print sales order with prices: allows you to print the sales order with prices. You can send this file via email if you want to be sure that you are in line with the prices.
- Print sales order without prices: allows you to print the sales order without the valuation.
- Print catalog: allows you to print the sales order with more details about the products and including images.
- Export Excel: This option allows you to download an Excel with the order information that will be useful for your customer to enter the order data into their computer system.
- Download images: This option downloads all the images of the products in the sale in a compressed file. It is useful if the customer wants the images to put them on his computer system or web page.
Step 1: Panel with sales summary
Step 3: Create a new Sale Order
Step 5: Insert the products
Steps to be able to prepare and ship sales orders
- Go to the side menu and click on the SALES button in the INVENTORY section.
- Search from the search bar for the sale you want to prepare, you can use the order code, text that may be in the notes or even the code of one of the products you have just received.
- Once inside the order go to the delivery notes tab. In this list you will see the different delivery notes that have been prepared and sent for this order. To create your first delivery note click on the NEW DELIVERY NOTE button.
- Now you are on the packing slip page, you can see that a box with several options has appeared at the top:
- Serial number: Serial number of the autogenerated delivery note, it can be configured as mentioned above from DEFAULT SERIAL NUMBER CONFIGURATION.
- Status: Delivery note status (draft, prepared, sent)
- Created by: User who created the sales delivery note.
- Prepared by: User who prepared the sales receipt.
- Sent by: User who sent the sales slip.
- Now it is time to start preparing the part of the sales order you want to ship. It can happen in many cases that you do not send everything the customer ordered, or that you send it in parts. To control this, right in the box of each variant, you will see two little boxes that indicate what is in the order and what you have already sent, to make your work easier.
- Once you have entered all the stocks that have arrived, click on the PREPARE button. At this point all stocks will be updated by removing the ones you have just marked in the order.
- When you send the shipment, click on the SEND button to mark that it has already been sent.
- As extra options, you will be able to autocomplete all pending items (useful for not having to go one by one) and print the delivery note (with or without economic valuation).
Step 4: Preparation of the packing slip
Step 6: Validate delivery note and generate invoice.