This screen explains the steps to follow to set up the synchronization of products, stock and sales of your Shopify ecommerce with your Stockagile account.
To learn more about how the synchronization between Stockagile and your ecommerce works you can read How the synchronization between Stockagile and ecommerce works.
If you want to synchronize only the stock but not the products and their features, contact our Support through the corresponding section in the platform.
Requirements to configure Shopify
- The user must have the role of OWNER. We can see the different types of roles in the section Create or edit a user.
Steps to configure Shopify
- Within Stockagile, pull down the ECOMMERCE menu on the side menu and go to the CHANNELS view.
- If you already have a Shopify channel created, click on it. In case you don't have any configured, select "New page" in the upper right corner.
A form will automatically open, and here you will need to specify the following details for the new page:
- Platform: in this case, Shopify.
- Name: will be used to identify the channel within Stockagile.
- Website URL: must include "https://" at the beginning to be valid.
- Stock Warehouses: here, you need to determine from which warehouses the stock will be sourced.
- Warehouse: this will be the main warehouse for the channel.
- Default delivery creation policy: you can choose whether the stock should come from the main warehouse by default or from the warehouse with the most inventory (provided it is selected in point 3).
- Default payment method.
- Ticket configuration.
- Order serial number: if you want a specific serial number for the E-commerce, you can create one in the CONFIGURATION section. For more information, you can go to Create and edit serial numbers.
- Price level: you can also create a specific one for this E-commerce.
Once the Shopify channel has been created on Stockagile, you need to go to the Shopify App Store and search for Stockagile.
Add the application and once downloaded you can link it.
Once downloaded and connected to Stockagile, you will be able to import and synchronize products. In order to allow order entry, you have to connect the webhooks. Inside Shopify you must go to:
- Notifications: you have to scroll down to go to Webhooks.
Next, you will need to create these webhooks:
- Order Creation: enter Stockagile webhook (inside the channel you have created)
- Order Update: enter Stockagile webhook (inside the channel you have created)
IMPORTANT: select API version "Unestable", even if it seems not to be the correct one.
Once configured, thewebhooks will dump all order information (stock, price, etc.) into Stockagile.
⚠️ Reauthenticate on Shopify
Due to the improvements and updates carried out by both platforms, it is possible that your products and orders may stop updating. In such cases, we will notify you with a message similar to the one in the image when you need to reauthenticate on Shopify to keep all information up-to-date and synchronized. You only need to follow these steps:
- Go to ECOMMERCE and click on CHANNELS.
- Click on the Shopify channel.
- In the details section, you will see a warning message indicating:
- Authenticate for the first time: if it's the first time that you log in Shopify.
- Reauthenticate again: if you already have been logged in but you need to do it again.
- At the top right of the details section, you will find the "Reconnect with Shopify" button that will automatically redirect you to the Shopify login.
- Sign up or log in again to Shopify.
- Once successfully registered, you will see a confirmation message along with the last authentication date.