Purchases from suppliers allow you to make stock entries in the program and track their status, so that you know at all times what is expected and what has already arrived. You can also create and enter delivery notes and purchase invoices as well as registering payments.
Requirements for creating and placing purchase orders
- The user must have the role of OWNER or WAREHOUSE MANAGER. You can see the different types of roles in the section Create or edit a user.
- Although new products can be created from the same process of creating a purchase, it is advisable to have entered all the items before starting the purchase.
Steps to create and place purchase orders
- Go to the side menu and click on the button PURCHASE button in the INVENTORY section.
- The list of purchases will appear, click on the top right of the screen NEW PURCHASE.
- Once inside the new purchase screen, you must fill in the contact, supplier and warehouse fields.
- In the lower part of the screen there is the opportunity to replenish products according to:
- Products with minimum stock
- Products out of stock
- Products with negative stock
- Replenish sales made during the selected time period by warehouse
- At the end press the CONTINUE button.
- You will have switched tabs and now it's time to start put the products you want to buythere are 4 options:
- Scan the barcode of any product.
- Search in the search bar for the product code.
- Click on the magnifying glass, select multiple products at once and use filters to go faster.
- Click on the "Create product" button, located next to the magnifying glass, which will allow you to add any new product that you have not yet registered.
- Once you enter the products you want to buy, a matrix will be created with all the variants (sizes, sizes, colors, tastes, etc.), with a small box for each one, where you will have to enter the quantity to buy for each one.
- Also in the product line you will be able to see the price without tax previously assigned and edit it if necessary. You will also see that by default appears the tax previously assigned to the product and you can modify it in this screen if necessary. The sum of the total costs that you will see on the top right does NOT include taxes, it corresponds only to the sum of product costs without any tariff applied. You will be able to see the breakdown of the cost, the tax and the total sum of the total costs in the BILLS and INVOICES.
- To send the order to the supplier, click on the top right menu, with three vertical dots, and you will see the following options:
- Create a production order: in case your own company is manufacturing, you can create a production order based on this purchase order.
- Update products: in case you make changes in one of the products you have already entered, these will not be reflected in the current purchase for security reasons, a change in a product should never modify old purchases or sales. In case you really need to update the product of this purchase, you can delete the product and add it again, or click on this option to update products to update all of them.
- Create labels: in case the supplier needs us to send you the labels, this option will pass all the products to the label creation section so you can print them. For more information on how to create labels see the How to create labels section.
- Print purchase order with prices: allows you to print the purchase order valued with the manufacturer's prices. You can send this file via email if you want to be sure that you are in line with the prices.
- Print purchase order without prices: allows you to print the purchase order without the valuation.
- Print catalog: allows you to print the purchase order with more detail about the products and including images. This option saves a lot of misunderstandings with manufacturers, since the photo can avoid human error.
- Once you have entered all the products, click on the ORDER button and the order will be placed and waiting.
- In case you have entered purchase prices different from those of the product, when you receive a purchase order, a screen will appear informing you of the recalculation of the cost prices of the products. To calculate the cost price of the products, the weighted average price or WAP is used , which consists of calculating the average value of the stock at the beginning and the weighted entries according to their quantities. You will see this cost price in the product details screen.
Step 3: Form to create a purchase
Step 7: Entering the quantities of each variant
Step 11: Re-calculate weighted average price