A good labeling of your products is essential for the proper management of your business. Stockagile not only allows you to create product labels, but also lets you customize the fields and design.
Requirements for generating labels
- The user must have the role of OWNER, STORE VENDOR, STORE MANAGER or WAREHOUSE MANAGER. We can see the different types of roles in the section Create or edit a user.
- The products to be labeled must be priced at the rate to be selected in the create label screen.
Steps to create a label sheet
- Go to the side menu and click on the PRODUCTS button.
- At the top of the screen, click on the CREATE LABELS button.
- Here the screen shows the Label Design box (by default folded) and the search engine to add products.
- Using the product finder, add the products to be labeled.
- For each product added, the program displays a table with its sizes and colors. Here you enter how many labels you want for each variant.
- Once you have searched and entered the quantities of all the products you want to label, you can sort the printout by ascending or descending variant name.
- Click on the GENERATE PDF or GENERAL EXCEL button just above the product table to have the system deliver a document in the format you have chosen.
Step 5: Table of label quantities for each product by size and color
Step 6: Sort the printout by ascending or descending variant name.
⚠️ Note: if you print more than 100 labels, the document will not be downloaded immediately but will be sent to your e-mail address.
⚠️ Note: The maximum number of labels per printout is 4000.
Customization of label design
To customize the label design, open the Label Design box by clicking on the CONFIGURATION button at the top right. You can create, name and save different layouts, in case you have several label formats or different printers.
The label generator allows you to customize the following items:
Price: the price to be printed in the price field. ⚠️ Note: the products to be printed must be priced at this selected tariff.
Fields inside the label: these are the different product values that can be printed inside each label. The available fields are:
Color Code and Name
Size Code and Name
Barcode (text only)
SKU (Stock Keeping Unit)
Space (to add separation between fields)
In each field above, you can change the font size, alignment, text style, or position. In the case of Size and Price you can also change the label. For example change "Size" to "RRP". Finally, you can set the barcode vertically or horizontally, as well as aligned to the right, left, top or bottom.
The preview shows an approximate visualization of how your labels will look like.
Example of label customization
Sheet layout: if you are using a DIN-A4 label sheet, you must choose the "Portrait (DIN-A4)" or "Landscape (DIN-A4)" template, depending on the orientation. You must also detail the number of rows per page and labels per row that the sheet has. If you have started a piece of adhesive paper of which you have only used a few labels, you can make the printing start at a specific position by clicking on the same grid or by marking with a number the cell from which to start printing. This is done by modifying the Start printing at position field.
Optionally you can print the label borders (for example if you do not have pre-cut paper and want to do it by hand). This is done by checking the Print label border checkbox.
You can also set the sheet margins, or the label margins:
If you have a label printer and you want to print rectangular labels, you should choose the template called "Custom" and then specify the size of the label. To avoid mismatches when printing, we recommend that in the Scale field of the print options, you choose the Fit to paper size option or customize the scale to 100. If you still get a mismatch, you can play with the margins in Stockagile or check the print options.
Example of printing options
Finally, if you use butterfly tags (also called jewelry tags), we recommend choosing the "Butterfly side" or "Butterfly centered" templates, depending on the format you use.
Generate labels based on your stock
If you want to print as many labels as products in stock, follow the steps below:
- Click on the IMPORT FROM STOCK button.
- A window opens. Select the store or warehouse from which you want to get the stock. By default, all items in the store or warehouse are marked. In case you want to select only some specific items, click on the product finder just below.
- Click on the SELECT button.
- After loading the data, the program displays the product table with the quantities of labels to be printed already entered.