In Stockagile you have the possibility to automatically generate product codes based on brand, season, category and subcategory. This way you can clearly identify a product just by reading the code.
Requirements for autogenerating a product code
- The user must have the role of OWNER, STORE MANAGER, WAREHOUSE MANAGER or PRODUCT EDITOR. You can see the different types of roles in the section Create or edit a user.
- The user must have the role of OWNER to be able to edit the code generation rule in Serial Number Configuration.
Steps to auto-generate a product code
- Go to the PRODUCTS screen located in the side menu under the CATALOG section.
- Click on the NEW PRODUCT button
- Inside the product creation pop-up click on the link You can also use the advanced creator.
- Once inside the product creation screen, check the Auto-generate code checkbox.
- From now on, every time you change the product brand, season, category and subcategory fields, Stockagile will automatically create a code using the above attribute codes. For example given the brand "NK - Nike", season "FW21- Fall Winter 2021", category "TS - T-Shirts" and subcategory "H - Hawaiiana", Stockagile creates the code NKFW21TSH. In case a product with this code already exists in the system, Stockagile adds the counter at the end. In this case the resulting number would be NKFW21TSH2.
- If you want to change the brand + season + category + subcategory + counter rule, you can go to the Serial Number Configuration screen and change the Product Code Template field.
Step 5: Auto-generated code example
Step 6: Example of code autogeneration template