Stockagile allows working with the most common barcode standards. Currently, the program works with EAN-13, EAN-8, UPC-A and CODE-128 codes.
Requirements to be able to create and edit barcodes:
- The user must have the role of OWNER. You can see the different types of roles in the section Create or edit a user.
The barcode configuration is used to tell Stockagile how to generate barcodes for your products.
EAN-13, EAN-8 and UPC-A codes are composed of 2 parts: the prefix and the counter:
- The prefix is the part that belongs to the company that has purchased the number range from an organization such as GS1. In other words, if you have purchased a number range with a certain prefix, you must detail it in this field.
- The counter is the auto-incremental number of the next code that the program will generate
CODE-128 codes do not require a prefix. If you have not purchased any EAN or UPC prefix, we recommend that you use CODE-128 as the barcode type for your products.
Steps to be able to manage the different barcodes:
- Go to the drop-down menu at the top right with the user name and click on the CONFIGURATION button.
- Enter the BAR CODES option.
- Edit the prefix (only EAN-13, EAN-8 and UPC-A), the counter or both.