All documents or transactions, such as sales orders, purchase orders, cash receipts, invoices or proformas, need to be uniquely identified with an auto-incremental number. Stockagile allows you to generate as many serial numbers as you need and edit them when necessary.
A serial number in Stockagile is composed of a prefix, a counter number represented with a specific length and a suffix. For example: F230012AB is composed of the prefix "F23", the counter "0012" represented in 4 digits and finally the suffix "AB".
To be considered:
- If we come from another program, and/or during the current period we have already started generating invoices with a serial number, we simply have to replicate it and set the counter to the next available number.
Requirements to be able to create and edit serial numbers:
- The user must have the role of OWNER, STORE MANAGER or WAREHOUSE MANAGER. We can see the different types of roles in the section Create or edit a user.
Steps to create a serial number:
- Go to the drop-down menu at the top right with the user name and click on the CONFIGURATION option.
- Enter the SERIAL NUMBER TYPES option.
- In the list of serial number types, click on the NEW SERIAL NUMBER TYPE button located at the top right.
- We fill in the following pop-up data:
- Name: name to be assigned to the type of serial number, for example "Invoices store 2023".
- Prefix: text at the beginning of the serial number, for example "F23". YY or YYYYY can be used to add the current year in 2 or 4 digits respectively. If used, the program will automatically reset the counter when changing the year.
- Counter: autoincremental number.
- Length: number of characters of the previous counter. For example, the number "0012" is a 12 represented with a length of 4 characters.
- Suffix: text at the end of the serial number, e.g. "AB". YY or YYYYY can be used to add the current year in 2 or 4 digits respectively. If used, the program will automatically reset the counter when changing the year.
- Finally we click on the SAVE button located at the bottom right of the pop-up and we will see how the serial number types are refreshed and the one we have just created will appear. If there are many types of serial numbers, depending on how they are ordered in the list, the new type of serial number may appear on another page of the list.
Figure step 4: example of serial number type editing
Once the desired serial numbers have been created, if we go to the SERIAL NUMBERS section, we can assign them as serial numbers by default, for each of the operations or documents that require them, such as wholesale invoices.
Step 5: Section "Serial numbers".