The email configuration section allows you to use the email address you prefer as the sender, to send invoices, tickets or reports that you generate from Stockagile. If you do not configure it, the emails will be sent from email@example.com, so we recommend that you do it to make communications more professional.
In this article, we will explain how to configure your email if you use Gmail as your email provider:
- First, you need to have 2-Factor Verification (2FA) enabled on your Google account. To check if it is enabled, go to your Google accountGo to the Security tab and then scroll down to the How do you sign in to Google section. If the Two-Step Verification option is not enabled, you will need to follow the steps explained in this link.
- Once 2FA is enabled, you will need to create an app password. To do this, click on "2-Step Verification" and go to the bottom of the page to access App Passwords.
- To generate a new password, select the "Select application" dropdown, choose Other (custom name) and type Stockagile.
- At this point, Google will generate a unique and random password. Save the password because you will not be able to access it when you close the window, and you will need it for configuration in Stockagile.
- Access the CONFIGURATION menu in Stockagile, click on Email Settings (the second option) and enter the following data:
- Server address: smtp.gmail.com
- E-mail: your e-mail address
- User: your e-mail address
- Password: the application password you have generated in step 4.
- Port: 465
- Check the Use SSL checkbox
- Finally, click Save and then click Send test email. The sender of the message should be the email address you specified.