In Stockagile it is possible to replace existing variants with others; this is a very useful feature if you want to reduce the number of variants and have a more orderly organization of variants.
Requirements for creating, editing and deleting variants
- The user must have the role of OWNER, STORE MANAGER or WAREHOUSE MANAGER. You can see the different types of roles in the section Create or edit a user.
- Variants are always linked to a category of variants, since they always belong to the same family (e.g. category: color → variant: pink, blue) , so to create a variant you must have created a category of it beforehand.
Steps to create a variant category
- Go to the drop-down menu at the top right with the user name and click on the CONFIGURATION option.
- Enter the VARIANT CATEGORY option.
- Select the variant to be replaced.
- Select the two arrows and fill in the form, adding the name of the variant that will replace the one you have selected.
- The system will tell you how many variants will be affected by the change e.g. "This action will affect up to XX product variants"