Stockagile allows you to assign a UID or a unique reference to a specific product. This is very useful when you need to have traceability on the products you sell.
Requirements for assigning a UID or unique reference
- The user must have the role of OWNER, STORE MANAGER, WAREHOUSE MANAGER, or PRODUCT EDITOR. You can see the different role types in the section Create or edit a user.
Steps to assign the UID or unique reference
- To create a new product with a UID or unique reference, you must go to the PRODUCTS section from the sidebar menu, located in the Catalog section.
- From the list of products, click on the upper right button labeled NEW PRODUCT.
- You must fill in the different characteristics of the product as explained in the article Create a new product.
- It is very important that in the Details tab, you check the "Manage UIDs" box and then the "Manage batches" box, which will help you identify each unit in stocks and batches.
- On the other hand, we recommend that you define your inventory policy for inventory management and stock control, which you will find in the same box:
- FIFO: First In, First Out
- LIFO: Last In, First Out
- FEFO (default): First Expiry, First Out
- Subsequently, when you make a purchase of this product (you can review how to make purchases in the article Create and receive purchase orders), and you have to create the delivery note for the receipt of the product, you will have to go to the "Details" tab where you must fill in the unique codes of each product or batch.
- Finally, in the Stocks tab within the product file, you will find a list of the unique references of each product.
Step 4: check Manage UIDs/Batches boxes
Step 5: inventory policy
Step 6: Product receipt and introduction of references
Step 6: Viewing unique references in Product > Stock