The email configuration section allows you to use the email address you prefer as the sender, to send invoices, tickets or reports that you generate from Stockagile. If you do not configure it, the emails will be sent from email@example.com, so we recommend that you do it to make communications more professional.
This article explains how to configure your email if you use Microsoft (Office365/Microsoft365/Outlook) as a provider:
- First of all, you need to have 2-Factor Verification (2FA) enabled on your account. To check whether it is activated, go to your Microsoft account. In the Security tab, go to the Security tab and then click Advanced Security Options. In the Additional Security section, you will be able to see if you have 2FA enabled. If the 2-Step Verification option is not enabled, you will need to follow the steps explained at this link.
- Once 2FA is enabled, you will need to create an application password. To do this, under Advanced Security Options, go to the App Passwords section and click Create a new app password.
- At this point, Microsoft will generate a unique, random password. Save the password because you will not be able to access it when you close the window, and you will need it for configuration in Stockagile.
- Access the CONFIGURATION menu in Stockagile, click on Email Settings (the second option) and enter the following data:
- Server Address: smtp.office365.com (for Microsoft365/Office 365) or smtp-mail.outlook.com (for Outlook)
- E-mail: your e-mail address
- User: your e-mail address
- Password: the application password you generated in step 3.
- Port: 587
- Check the Use TLS checkbox
- Finally, click Save and then click Send test email. The sender of the message should be the email address you specified.
IMPORTANT: If you use Microsoft365 because you are hosted by GoDaddy, you must enable SMTP Authentication. More information on this link.