In Stockagile, you can set up different cash registers for a store. Before you start, make sure you have your store set up correctly, as this step is crucial. Once you have your store set up, follow these simple steps to add a cash register, assign an identifying name and serial number, set the password to open the drawer and more.
Requirements to be able to register a cash register:
- It is important that you have already configured the store. We can see how to create a store in Create and edit a store or warehouse.
Steps to register a cash register:
- To create a new cash register you must go to the drop-down menu, and enter the STORES section, located in the Inventory module.
- Select the establishment/location where the new cash register will be created.
- Once the location is selected, its details will be displayed. Click on the Cash registers tab.
- Existing boxes will appear in this table. Click on the NEW BOX button at the top right.
- Then you must fill in the following fields:
- Code: name to identify the cash register, e.g. "Cash register 2".
- Ticket width: in case you are using an ESC/POS thermal ticket printer, in this box you can force the number of characters that the printer has per line. The most common in EPSON or Bixolon printers is 48 characters. In case you do not know the width, you can click on "Print ticket width meter" and then the system will print a ticket where you can see the width of your printer, making sure that the last line of characters does not have a line break.
- Pin to open the box: here you can define a password that must be entered to open the cash drawer.
- Type of serial number for sales: serial number for the generation of the sales auto-incremental code. More information about serial numbers can be found on the Create and edit serial numbers page.
- ESC/POS instruction to open the drawer: This section is used to detail the opening code that your printer sends to the cash drawer, so that it opens automatically with each sale. Most printers use the same code, and it is the one that Stockagile uses by default. Therefore, if you click on the "Test open drawer" button and the drawer opens, you do not need to enter anything in this field. Otherwise, you will need to specify the code that your printer uses, which should be included in the manual and should have a format like this: 20,112,0,50,250. If you do not locate your code, you can contact Support to help you set it up.
- Finally, click on SAVE button and the new cash register will be created.